Dr Andrew Janke - NIF Informatics Fellow
|Dr Andrew Janke|
Building 57, Level 4
The University of Queensland
Brisbane, QLD, 4072
Fax: (+61) 7 3346 0330
My current research interests are focussed on the interface between in-vivo imaging via magnetic resonance and ex-vivo destructive imaging techniques, histological sectioning and block face imaging. By developing new multi-scale statistical correlative analysis and image registration techniques we can explore how we can use in vivo techniques to detect changes and features of tissue that previously were only possible to image using destructive ex vivo methods. Our group is thus focussed on the following areas of research:
- HPC and distributed computing for large scale Biomedical Engineering image analysis.
- Development of novel multi-scale statistical techniques for the combination of MRI, histology and EM data.
- Image registration of large image datasets
- Multi-modality Minimum Deformation Model computation for digital species phenotype and holotype modelling.
- Web based display and collaboration on large datasets (www.tissuestack.org platform).
For a full research and supervision profile, see Andrew Janke's UQ researcher page.
- Storey E, Ward S, Woods R, Hamilton G, Janke A, Kawasaki R, Naughton M. The SNORE-ASA study: a Study of Neurocognitive Outcomes, Radiological and retinal Effects of Aspirin in Sleep Apnoea. National Health and Medical Research Council APP1028368; 2012-2016; $900k.
- Janke, Andrew L; Ullmann, Jeremy FP. (2015) Robust methods to create ex vivo minimum deformation atlases for brain mapping. Methods. 73: 18-26.
- Ullmann, Jeremy FP; Janke, Andrew L; Reutens, David; Watson, Charles. (2015) Development of MRI‐based atlases of non‐human brains. Journal of Comparative Neurology. 523: 391-405.
- Nguyen, Hoang Anh; Abramson, David; Kipouros, Timoleon; Janke, Andrew; Galloway, Graham. (2015) WorkWays: interacting with scientific workflows. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience.
- Cherbuin, Nicolas; Mortby, Moyra E; Janke, Andrew L; Sachdev, Perminder S; Abhayaratna, Walter P; Anstey, Kaarin J (2015) Blood pressure, brain structure, and cognition: opposite associations in men and women. American Journal of Hypertension. 28: 225-231.
- Goscinski WJ, McIntosh P, Felzmann UC, Maksimenko A, Hall CJ, Gureyev T, Thompson D, Janke AL, Galloway G, Killeen NEB, Raniga P, Kaluza O, Ng A, Poudel G, Barnes D, Nguyen T, Bonnington P, Egan GF. (2014) The Multi-modal Australian ScienceS Imaging and Visualisation Environment (MASSIVE) high performance computing infrastructure: applications in neuroscience and neuroinformatics research. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics. 30(8), 10.3389/fninf.2014.00030.
- Lin MK, Nicolini O, Waxenegger H, Galloway G, Ullmann J, Janke AL. (2013) Interpretation of medical imaging data with a mobile application: a mobile digital imaging processing environment. Frontiers in Neurology, v4. http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2013.00085
View a complete list of publications on Andrews Janke's UQ eSpace profile
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow
|Dr Hien Nguyen|